RPA Developer Interview Questions
In this article based on our RPA Experience we are sharing Top most asked Automation Anywhere Interview Questions and Answers which RPA Developers can ask during RPA interview questions. Before going for RPA Interview you may have thoughts like “What questions would you ask an RPA?” or How do I prepare for RPA? or “Interview Questions for RPA Developer Automation Anywhere“, “Automation 360 Interview Questions” etc. So here we are sharing most frequently asked Automation Anywhere Questions which will help you on clearing your RPA Interview.
You can also visit our official YouTube Channel EasyWay2Learn to know more about RPA Training and RPA Real Time projects based on industry requirements.
What is the use of Global value in Automation Anywhere?
Automation Anywhere Global values or Global Variables enable users to reuse values between Bots instead of creating new variables for each Bot.
Automation Anywhere Control Room Admin (AAE_Admin Role) can configure a global value with a default value and developers can overwrite the value to use in their bots.
You can create Global Variables for Data Type such as DateTime, Number, String.
What is Automation Anywhere Discovery BOT and how to use it?
Basically, Automation Anywhere Discovery BOT helps to identify RPA opportunities and automatically creates Bots for identified process.
So, when you use Discovery Bot, it observed human activities with applications that involved in particular process so it can capture the steps to identify scope of automation.
A Business User or Citizen Developers can use Discovery Bot to capture the process steps. After that Process SME will review the steps whether it captured all the required steps or not. Once it verified it will move to developer to make the required changes in code before deploying it.
Explain What is Automation Anywhere BOT Insight and its use?
Automation Anywhere BOT Insight helps to track Data performed by RPA BOT for analytics purpose.
Bot Insight features gives you easy access to insights about your intelligent automation program in a single, friendly, interactive visual dashboard.
It Share insights directly from the dashboard to increase visibility of your data. It allows to manipulate the data with flexibility in popular applications like Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, or other analytics as per your choice via native connectors or using APIs.
BOT Insight gives you the following information as listed below.
- To Know how the RPA Bots are performing.
- Calculate Business Impacts.
- Maximize Return on Investments
- Increase Automation Visibility
- Access RPA Insight using Mobile devices as well.
Explain the steps for using Excel as Database in Automation 360 and its advantages?
If you want to automate your excel related task, then using excel as Database is one of the best and fastest way to automate. You have to follow the below steps to use this option in Automation 360.
You need to download and install Microsoft Database Search Engine 2010 in Bot Creator and Bot Runner System.
Click Here To Download Microsoft Database Engine.
Search for Database Package in Automation 360 and drag Connect Action. Put Session name and Select Connection Mode as Default. Under Enter the text option put the connection sting. This Connect action will help BOT to use excel file as Database.
Excel as Database Connection String: Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=” E:TestExcel.xlsx”;Extended Properties=”Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES”;
Once above steps are executed successfully then you can use other available actions under Database package like Read From, Export to Data Table etc. to perform excel related actions.
For more information on Excel as Database in Automation 360, you can refer to our YouTube tutorial.
What is AARI in Automation Anywhere?
AARI is Automation Anywhere’s new digital assistant product which provides front-end interface to the users to execute and interact with RPA Bots and the applications.
Automation Anywhere Robotic Interface (AARI) provides 3 different interfaces to Human and BOT Interactions.
In-Built plugins for applications that enable users to work with RPA Bots directly from the applications in that they are working on. Currently AARI Apps supports Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, and Google Sheets.
AARI Desktop provides Customize forms that enable users to engage directly with bots at the runtime. User can provide the required input to the Bot which may require to complete the process.
AARI Web requests are combination of bots and human interaction together to complete the process. Here Human and BOT both can work together after passing the required data.
Difference between Automation Anywhere Community Edition and Enterprise Edition?
The main differences between Automation Anywhere Community Edition and Enterprise Edition are as follows:
|Automation 360 Community Edition||Automation 360 Enterprise Edition|
|Features||Community Edition offers a limited set of features compared to Enterprise Edition. It is designed for individual users or small teams to learn and experiment with the software.||Enterprise Edition offers advanced features such as multi-bot architecture, role-based access control, and a central management console.|
|Task BOT||Community edition mainly for developers and students.
The Community edition provides you limited features in control room such as Activity, Manage and Admirations.
Both the editions consist of all the workbench commands with flexible usage.
|Enterprise edition can be used by companies.
The Enterprise edition provides you additional features in control room such as User Management, Upload Bot to CR, Business Analytics options, Schedule or Run BOT from Control Role, Audit Logs and other information as well.
Both the editions consist of all the workbench commands with flexible usage.
|Scalability||Community Edition is limited in terms of scalability and can only be used on a single machine.||Enterprise Edition is designed to scale and can be deployed on multiple machines or in a virtualized environment.|
|Licensing||Community Edition is free to use for non-commercial purposes||While Enterprise Edition requires a paid license.|
|Deployment||Community Edition can only be deployed on-premises||while Enterprise Edition can be deployed both on-premises and in the cloud.|
In summary, Community Edition is a free version of Automation Anywhere designed for individual users or small teams to learn and experiment with the software. Enterprise Edition offers advanced features, scalability, official support, licensing options, and can be deployed both on-premises and in the cloud.
Types of Recorders available in Automation 360 and explain the use of those?
Universal Recorder: Automation 360 Universal Recorder can be use to perform actions such as click, read data, extract table data and write data into Desktop Based or web based applications or browser based windows.
This Recorder in Automation 360 helps you to quickly build Bots by recording user actions over multiple applications like SAP, web based and desktop based.
We can use Universal Recorder in the following ways:
- Universal Recorder is best when your automation consists of multiple steps where you can use it to save time.
- Use Universal Recorder direct with SAP to automate actions related with SAP.
- Universal recorder can extract Table available in the web pages.
- It can be use to perform actions like Getting and reading data from one application to another applications.
- You can use it to work with Web Based Tables, radio buttons, combo boxes, Check boxes etc.
AISense Recorder: AISense recorder uses Artificial Intelligence and computer vision that helps you identify the objects from an applications or Image of complex user interface and help to perform automation in all environments faster and more accurate.
AISense recorder is best option to automate target applications when object-based automation is not possible. It helps to perform Automation of applications that are accessible remotely or legacy applications.
AISense Recorder can be helpful for following area:
- When automation is based on Citrix Environment.
- When applications are accessible Remotely.
- When Screen resolution changes between host and client machines.
- When the position of UI element might change for web applications.
What is Trigger in Automation 360? What are the types of Trigger available in A360?
A trigger defines a set of actions that are performed in response of predefined events that automatically execute your tasks.
Attended automation in Automation 360 enables you to create unique triggers for different applications. You can also use Automation 360 triggers to execute your bot once defined trigger action happens.
In Order to use Triggers, you have to go to left bottom side of Automation 360 where you can see the Triggers. Based on your requirement you can select drag it. In the property pane you can select the options to start the BOT when even occurs.
Seven types of trigger supported by Automation 360 and you can use one of the following types of triggers to start a bot:
- Email Trigger
- Files & Folders
- Hot Key
- Interface Trigger
- Process Trigger
- Service Trigger
- Window Trigger
Explain the steps of using Python Script in Automation 360?
In order to use this Python Script package in Automation 360 you must install Python in the machine where you want to execute Python script using Automation 360. Also you have to update the “PATH” environment variable in the Python folder.
Python Script Package will have the following options:
Open : Here you can pass Python Session name and select the python scrip file or you can copy and paste the code in the manual input box.
Execute Script: Execute Script option will allow you to run the Python code which you have selected.
Execute Function: You can pass the name of function that needs to be executed. Arguments and output can be store into Any or String type of variables.
Close: Close option will terminate the Python session based on session name.
What are the options available in Automation 360 to Automate Structure and Non-Structure PDF?
PDF related task can be automate using PDF package or IQ BOT available in Automation 360. Depending on your PDF document type, if it is standard pdf then you can use PDF package to automate actions such as:
- Extract Field
- Extract Text
- Merge Documents
- Split Documents
- Encrypt or Decrypt Documents
If you have non-structure PDF then IQ BOT is the Best Option, where you can create and train Learning Instance using sample PDFs. With the help of IQ BOT you can extract Form Fields as well Table Data from PDF files. Please refer to our training video on Automation 360 IQ BOT.
What is secure Recording in Automation 360? How to enable it.
Automation Anywhere Secure recording mode option enables , bots to not capture values of certain properties or store any images. Once you enable this option it will ensures that sensitive data is not stored in the bots. This features will work with Universal recorder and AISense recorder available in Automation 360.
Automation Anywhere Control Room Admin can enable or disable Secure recording option. Please refer to attached image to see the steps of enable Secure Recording option.
What are the difference between Basic and Advance excel package in Automation 360?
In Order to use Excel Advanced Package in Automation 360, Microsoft Excel must me installed in the system where you are running your Bot.
Basic Excel Package can work where there is no Microsoft Excel installed but your system must have excel alternates like Calc, Libra Office etc.
Excel Advanced package will have more advanced excel actions such as Run Macro, Filter Table, Get Cell Color etc. which Basic Excel does not have. Refer to attached image to see the actions available under both packages.
What is the difference between attended and unattended automation?
The major difference between attended and unattended automation is as follows:
- Attended automation involves human interaction to initiate and execute a bot task.
- The bot is triggered by the user when they need assistance with a specific task or process.
- The bot works alongside the user and can provide suggestions or guidance during the task.
- The user can interact with the bot during the process if necessary.
- Unattended automation runs independently without human interaction.
- The bot is scheduled to run at a specific time or event trigger.
- The bot operates without any user intervention and can complete a task or process from start to finish.
- Unattended automation is ideal for repetitive and time-consuming tasks that do not require human decision-making or input.
In summary, attended automation involves human interaction to initiate and execute a bot task, while unattended automation runs independently without human interaction. Attended automation is suitable for tasks that require human decision-making or input, while unattended automation is ideal for repetitive and time-consuming tasks that do not require human intervention.
What is the difference between a task and a subtask in Automation Anywhere A360?
In Automation Anywhere A360, a task is a standalone unit of work that can perform one or more actions to automate a specific business process. A subtask is a type of task that can be embedded within another task to perform a specific action or set of actions.
The main difference between a task and a subtask in Automation Anywhere A360 is as follows:
- A task is a standalone unit of work that can be executed on its own or as part of a larger workflow.
- A task can include multiple actions, conditions, loops, and variables to automate a specific business process.
- A task can be created, edited, and managed independently of other tasks.
- A subtask is a type of task that can be embedded within another task to perform a specific action or set of actions.
- A subtask is designed to be reusable and can be called multiple times from within a task or workflow.
- A subtask can have its own set of input and output parameters to interact with the calling task.
- A subtask can be created, edited, and managed independently of the calling task.
In summary, a task is a standalone unit of work that can be executed on its own or as part of a larger workflow. While a subtask is a type of task that can be embedded within another task to perform a specific action or set of actions. Tasks are independent, while subtasks are designed to be reusable and called multiple times from within a task or workflow.
What is the difference between object cloning and screen scraping in Automation Anywhere?
In Automation Anywhere, object cloning and screen scraping are two methods of extracting data from an application’s user interface.
The main difference between object cloning and screen scraping in Automation Anywhere is as follows:
- Object cloning is a method of extracting data from an application’s user interface by directly accessing the underlying object model of the application.
- Object cloning works by identifying the objects and properties of the application’s user interface and copying them into the bot’s automation script.
- Object cloning is a more accurate and reliable method of data extraction, as it does not rely on OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to read text from the screen.
- Object cloning is suitable for applications that have a well-defined object model and consistent user interface.
- Screen scraping is a method of extracting data from an application’s user interface by reading and interpreting the visual data displayed on the screen.
- Screen scraping works by using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to read text from the screen and identify patterns and structures in the data.
- Screen scraping is a less accurate and reliable method of data extraction, as it can be affected by changes in font, layout, and formatting of the application’s user interface.
- Screen scraping is suitable for applications that do not have a well-defined object model or consistent user interface.
Hope this will help you crack your next Automation Anywhere interview. You can also visit our other Blog Post based on other trending Technologies.